Senior Piping Designer
Arjae Design Solutions Ltd. is a fast-growing Engineering, Design and Fabrication firm providing unique solutions to clients in the energy industry. With an expanding scope of projects, we are involved in new facility design work as well as existing plant upgrades.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Piping Designer to lead the overall piping design on a project, which includes conceptual layout planning, major equipment and pipe system modeling, multi-discipline engineering review, and overall plant design integration. Projects include conventional oil & gas processing, as well as renewable energy projects.
You will bring a high level of technical expertise, collaboration, and initiative in your work to meet the needs of clients. We are looking for team-oriented individuals who can also work independently, with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and who work well in an entrepreneurial environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
– Design modular equipment including the following:
- Major equipment (compressors, pumps, air coolers, etc.)
- Pressure vessels (ASME pressure vessels, Heat Exchangers, Heaters, etc.)
- Structural steel skids and piping supports
- Piping systems (including coordination with pipe stress team)
- Instrumentation (meters, valves, transmitters, gauges)
- Electrical (major buyout equipment, cable tray, junction boxes, lighting, etc.)
– Carry out 3D modelling & design activities of piping systems & supports
– Lead development and review of 3D model internally and with clients
– Produce mechanical, electrical, and structural layouts and design using CADWorx
– Create plot plan/general arrangements, piping plans and sections, and piping isometrics/spool drawings
– Collaborate with engineering and fabrication teams to review and verify designs, provide updates on deliverables, and revise layouts as required
– Manage schedule and deliverables related to models/drawings
– Lead team of piping designers – reviewing drawings and providing guidance, support, and supervision to team
– Provide assistance and support on proposals
– Review of vendor documentation to ensure compliance with project requirements
– Design/drafting diploma from recognized post-secondary institution, or other equivalent technical education or training
– 10+ years experience in piping design of oil & gas processing equipment
– CADWorx experience strongly preferred; consideration for experience with AutoPlant or Plant 3D
– Previous experience designing modular equipment and pipe racks preferred
– Experience reviewing P&IDs and general layouts, and general 3D models from conceptual design
– Experience generating quality deliverables including plot plan/general arrangements, piping plans and sections, and piping isometrics/spool drawings.
– Previous experience leading a team of piping designers is preferred
– Strong organizational and communication skills; Self motivated and detail-oriented
- This position is based in our office in Nisku, Alberta
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Occasional travel to client sites may be required
We invite interested applicants to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the Position title in the Subject Line of the email.
Please apply in confidence. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.