Process Engineer – Senior
Arjae Design Solutions Ltd. is a fast growing Engineering, Design and Fabrication company providing unique solutions to clients in the energy industry. With an expanding scope of projects, we are involved in new facility design as well as existing plant upgrades & field services.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer to provide expertise in oil and gas processing, specializing in facilities design and manufacturing of equipment. This is a key role that will contribute to the success of our projects, and allow for further diversification into renewable energy processes and other emerging process technologies.
You will bring a high level of technical expertise, collaboration and initiative to these projects to meet the needs of clients. We are looking for team-oriented individuals who can also work independently, with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and who work well in an entrepreneurial environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop Feasibility/Concept, Front End Engineering & Design (FEED), Basic Engineering, and Detailed Engineering studies.
- Participate in ongoing research and conduct feasibility studies for technology selection to optimize operability and profitability.
- Process simulation utilizing HYSYS. Includes simulation generation, optimization and sensitivity analysis.
- Generation of PFD, heat and material balance and P&IDs.
- Perform detailed process design and calculations for fuel processing facilities – (reactors, distillation, hydrotreating, relief systems, heat exchangers and logistics).
- Equipment sizing and selection.
- Vendor communication including sizing & selection of buyout equipment (pumps, compressors, etc.).
- Preparation of process information for instrumentation design and selection.
- Lead process safety studies (ex. HAZID, HAZOP).
- Participate in 3D model reviews.
- Fabrication Drawing review.
- Eng. stamping of relevant designs and drawings.
- Provide process engineering support, trouble-shooting and debottlenecking for existing facility operations to improve operations and maintenance.
- Provide engineering support for field services, including commissioning, startup, and operator training.
- Work with client contracts, change/scope management, and interface with clients.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, technicians, shop fabrication team and other internal and external groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in Alberta
- 10+ years experience in Process Engineering.
- Previous experience in process facility and associated equipment design is required.
- Previous experience in the EPC field is preferred.
- Previous plant operations and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience working with multi-discipline Engineering teams considered an asset.
- Field and construction experience is considered an asset.
- Experienced with contracts, change/scope management, and client interface considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; self motivated and detail-oriented.
- This position is based in our office in Nisku, Alberta.
- Occasional travel to client sites may be required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We invite interested applicants to submit their resume to email@example.com and include the Position title in the Subject Line of the email.
Please apply in confidence. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Energy; Oil & Gas Processing
- EPC / EPFCM