ARJAE Design Solutions Ltd. is a fast-growing Engineering, Design and Fabrication firm providing unique solutions to clients in the energy industry. With an expanding scope of projects, we are involved in existing plant upgrades as well as new facility design work.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Piping Designer to perform piping systems design including conceptual layout planning, major equipment and pipe system modelling, multi-discipline engineering review, and overall plant design integration. Projects include conventional oil & gas processing equipment and facilities.
You will bring a high level of technical expertise, collaboration and initiative in your work to meet the needs of clients. We are looking for team-oriented individuals who can also work independently with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and who work well in an entrepreneurial environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Design modular equipment including the following:
- Major equipment (compressors, pumps, air coolers, etc.)
- Pressure vessels (ASME pressure vessels, Heat Exchangers, Heaters, etc.)
- Structural steel skids and piping supports
- Piping systems (including coordination with pipe stress team)
- Instrumentation (meters, valves, transmitters, gauges)
- Electrical (major buyout equipment, cable tray, junction boxes, lighting, etc.)
- Carry out 3D modelling & design activities of piping systems & supports
- Participate in development and review of 3D models
- Produce mechanical, electrical, and structural layouts and design using CADWorx
- Create plot plan/general arrangements, piping plans and sections, and piping isometrics/spool drawings
- Collaborate with engineering and fabrication teams to review and verify designs, provide updates on deliverables, and revise layouts as required
- Adhere to schedule and deliverables related to models/drawings
- Assistance and support on proposals as required
- Review of vendor documentation
- Design/drafting diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, or other equivalent technical education or training
- 3+ years experience in piping design of oil & gas processing equipment
- CADWorx experience strongly preferred; consideration for experience with AutoPlant or Plant 3D
- Previous experience designing modular equipment and piperacks preferred
- Experience reviewing P&IDs and general layouts, and general 3D models from conceptual design
- Experience generating quality deliverables including plot plan/general arrangements, piping plans and sections, and piping isometrics/spool drawings.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- This position is based in our office in Nisku, Alberta; preference will be given to candidates based in the Edmonton area
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Please apply in confidence. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.